It's all about LOVE . . .




Sunday, August 30, 2009

"Let us REJOICE!!!!!"....remembering Benny Gapasen


I recently attended a memorial service that Rev. Parker had the opportunity to conduct. His openning sermon for this service was "Let us REJOICE!!!... Let us rejoice this day in honour of a man who brought so much love, life and laughter to so many people....can I get an Amen". I was probably about 7 years old when my "Uncle Benny" first came to Honolulu. My parents Vestre and Charing who lived in Waipahu heard the news that Benny wanted to start a life, and my parents helped him by giving an opportunity to start that life. Soon with hard work and delegence he was able to bring his wife Mary from the Philippines to be by his side, and within a short time their daughter May was born.


A carpenter with over 30 years experience under his belt, Benny created and molded his family and his life with his hands. He has made many friends outside of the industry and even more throughout the industry along the way. Rev. Parker couldn't make it any simpler for us to understand. "REJOICE!!! To know that we had the chance to know Benny, to love him just the way he is, and to remember his laughter and his smiling face, for he was a simple man. REJOICE!!! That he is in a better place, and he's there with the greatest carpenter we could ever know."

1 comment:

  1. Uncle E, thank you for the beautiful sermon at Uncle Nanding's memorial service. I "rejoice" that I had an uncle like him, he was always so caring, loving, and concerned about what was going on in my life. Just like his own daughter, he made sure that I was happy and well taken care of. I am blessed to have had the opportunity to spend the precious time with him and my whole family when they came to visit my family and I in North Carolina. For that, I "rejoice." RIP Uncle Nanding. Watch over us and protect us always. Love you Uncle E. and Manang Rosie.

    ReplyDelete